New Life Christian School is looking to fill a part-time teacher position for the middle school and high school Biology and Life Sciences courses. We are a K-11th grade school with about 90 students and are continuing implementation of the classical Christian pedagogy. We have a passionate desire to serve the body of Christ in the inland NW by training wise, thoughtful, and eloquent students. The ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about CCE and is a gifted teacher who is familiar with literature, writing, and humanities curriculum. The position is approximately 10 hours per week.
New Life Christian School, a non-denominational Christian School, located in Ephrata. New Life Christian School has been providing education in a Christ-focused environment for more than 30 years.
The teacher is to work with all students in a spirit of genuine Christian love and to demonstrate a vital living relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Attend and participate in morning devotions, teacher's meetings, evening programs if involving his/her students, and other meetings as assigned.
- Do supervisory duty in the gymnasium, playground or study hall before, during or after school as assigned.
- Complete paperwork including the following regular progress reports; report cards; grade records for permanent file; inventories of classroom equipment, supplies, and books; end of year debriefing evaluation; records of attendance; administration of achievement tests; and other paperwork as assigned or requested.
- Building and classroom cleaning and repair including responsibility for daily and end-of-year cleaning of classroom areas as prescribed; assist in overall cleanliness of the facility and promptly report repair needs to the administration.
- Maintain proper classroom discipline, taking care of minor problems personally and referring major problems to the administrator.
- Be available to any parents or students who wish to have a conference during non-teaching time.
- Hold a bi-annual conference with parents of each student.
- Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned.
- Carry out any other specific duties as assigned.
It is preferred the successful candidate has taught in a Classical Christian School or has experience in a Classical Christian Education environment. The ideal candidate is one who is passionate about Christian education, love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength and also delights in leading students to learn and discover His world. They also need to be a self-starter, teachable, excellent at time management, have strong classroom management skills, flexible, and able to work well in a team.